It's been months since I've had my hair done. Too long. It was shaggy and dark and hideous. For real. I hardly washed it last week. Had a little bout with a kidney stone that landed me in the hospital and then in bed for way too long. Dreadlocks began to form. It added to the hideousness. So this week I am out of bed and actually showering. I looked in the mirror Monday morning and had one of those moments, the kind where I just couldn't stand it any longer. My hair that is. So I called my bestie Emily and she was more than happy to work a little miracle on me. And here it is. My brand new hair. I know, you are thinking it does not look any different than my old hair. But you would be wrong. Because I got brave and cut me some bangs. Bangs! I have not had bangs since 1992 and there was a lot of hairspray and teasing involved to perfect those babies. But not these, my friends. These bangs are lovely with my hair down or up. They do not require hairspray or teasing. They make me feel sassy. And with long hair there is only so much a girl can do to change it up a little. And sometimes a little change is exactly what a girl needs.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
those haircuts are always the best - when its just getting dull and you are getting bored with it and voila! hot hair!
You are so super cute - as always!! Your mom told me about your horrible week. I'm so sad for you but happy you are doing better!
Beautiful!! Love it.
You look great!
Sassy Frassy! I love it! You're always a babe!!
gorgeous!
You are so beautiful, Erin!
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment