Three and a half weeks. It is hardly any time at all. Even in baby time it will pass in a blur. And then there will be a little girl to cuddle and kiss and swaddle and smell. It seems so surreal.
I was talking to a friend at Paige's soccer game on Saturday. We were talking babies and I told her that we were done after this one. She asked how I knew. I just do, I said. I can feel it. Just like I knew we had one more. And now it feels right, complete. Right, but still a little bittersweet. I love this stage in my life, having little ones. I love the constant companionship and the sweetness of a small child. I even love being pregnant and feeling that baby kick inside me. Feeling the anticipation of birth and the instant connection of love between me and my child. I love those few days in the hospital where I get to bond and fall in love. I love bringing that baby home to a house full of people eager to hold and kiss and cuddle. I love watching those babies grow and change. And it seems a little bittersweet to let that go. To know that this will be the last time I will feel a baby kick my belly, hold my own newly born babe in my arms, watch that child grow into a toddler. 3 1/2 weeks!
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment