We went to BYU for the slam dunk contest. It was in the Smith field house and it was hot and stinky and loud and the kids absolutely loved it. 3 of my students are cheerleaders and I took Paige down and introduced her to those cute girls. She was in heaven. They gushed over my girls. Afterwards we met all the basketball players. Boys and girls signed their posters and told Owen he had good hair and asked Jeffrey out on a date. We met Tyler Haws outside and they were star struck. And they should have been. We got a picture and I told him that we watched his Mormon messages video for FHE. He asked them if they were going on missions. Not if they wanted to be basketball players or stud athletes, but if they were going on a mission. They said yes. He said good. And I have never been more impressed. That is the kind of role model I want for these boys of mine. And it made the whole night worth it. And it made me love BYU even more than I do.
Monday, October 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment