We went down to BYU on Saturday to go bowling at the Wilk and I must have been feeling overly nostalgic because everywhere we went I was flooded with memories connected to the years I spent there as a student. Such good times! I remembered taking bowling at the Wilk with Alison and have a record number of parking tickets to prove it. I can even remember flushing with embarrassment as one of the football players in my class yelled at me across the bowling alley wondering where I got the huge hickey on my neck. I had honestly burned myself (badly) on the neck with my curling iron that morning, but he was not interested in my boring reply and proceded to make up his own more exciting version. Oh, fun times.After bowling we walked around the campus for a while and took the boys into the HFAC. Again, poignant memories of graduation with our tiny baby boy dressed up in a little cap and gown. I can remember walking down the sidewalk with Jeffrey on my shoulder, Jeff by my side. One of my best days. I really love BYU and all the memories from that time in my life. And I love that we are still close enough to come and visit and let our kids into that part of our life. They LOVE hearing stories about BYU and are amazed that there was actually life for us before they existed. It amazes me sometimes too. We met up with Jeff's friend James while we were there and checked out his new apartment (where Paige peed all over the carpet) and went out to dinner at Los Hermanos. Good fun, good food, good memories. A great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment