Sunday, June 22, 2008

T-Ball Begins






Can it really be Sunday again? This week has flown by and I feel like I have hardly taken a breath since last weekend. The boys started T-ball on Monday and it is pure comedy to watch their two teams on the field. It is the first time playing for both Jeffrey and Owen and they are EXTREMELY excited about it. They are on different teams and happen to be playing at the same time for the majority of the season so Jeff and I split up and watch half of each game. I could not stop laughing the whole time. Jeffrey played third base and cheered the batters from the other team on his entire time fielding. (That is just so Jeffrey!) He did well hitting the ball off the tee, but was so excited that he made contact he forgot to drop the bat and run. So funny! His coach helped him along and he continued to cheer both teams on from each base he was running. Owen's team was hilarious! They are all 3 and 4 year olds and watching them in the outfield was so funny. They all stand around the pitching mound in a pack and run after the ball, tripping over each other. It was so cute to watch Owen run the bases. He has had a growth spurt lately and his feet look huge in his new Nikes. But he made it around the field without tripping, so I guess he's got things under control. I can hardly believe that he is old enough to be out there playing, but he loves feeling like a big kid and is so proud of his new uniform. (He wants to wear it every day!)

No comments: