Thursday, September 17, 2009

100

This is my 100th post, so in honor of the occasion I made a list of 100 things that I love, miss, remember, hate, and hope for.

I love...
1. Paige with pigtails
2. Fried green tomatoes at Archibald's
3. Watching my kids splash in the fountains at the Gateway
4. Walking on our wood floor in my bare feet
5. Cold sheets
6. Feeling my baby kick
7. Paige's new shoes
8. Opening the windows at night
9. Packages in the mail
10. The memory of our trip to Hawaii
11. Owen's baby teeth
12. Our family Christmas picture
13. My dad's voice on the phone
14. Clean laundry
15. Fall decorations
16. Wearing flip-flops
17. The thought of a finished basement
18. Jeffrey coming home from school
19. Slurpees
20. Quiet

I miss...
21. My Grandpa
22. Changing my room around when I lived at home
23. Going shopping downtown
24. Going on double dates with my cousin Stephanie
25. Playing soccer
26. Going to the beach
27. Staying up all night
28. My swatch phone
29. Stake dances
30. No responsibility
31. Jeff's dad being able to see
32. Jeffrey's blonde curls
33. My college friends
34. Going to Richland
35. Wearing overalls
36. Camping at Ft. Stevens
37. Living in Provo
38. Green everywhere
39. New York
40. Rochelle

I remember...
41. My wedding day
42. Dance Festival
43. High school football games
44. Laying out on the trampoline
45. Kissing Jeff
46. Meeting Susan
47. Seeing Owen for the first time
48. Teaching at the MTC
49. Rollerblading with Alison
50. Going snowboarding at night
51. Dinner at the Maeser Building
52. Spin the bottle in our tent trailer
53. The Phyllis's
54. Sledding with Jeffrey and Lyric
55. Coffee People on 23rd
56. The Hill Cummorah Pageant
57. Graduating from high school
58. The Portland Temple open house
59. Going to Expo 86'
60. My Grandparent's 50th wedding Anniversary

I hate...
61. Pot roast
62. Squeaky doors
63. Clutter
64. Laundry
65. The smell of toothpaste
66. Whining
67. Rap
68. Late students
69. Sharks
70. Throwing up
71. The doorbell
72. Stretch marks
73. My feet
74. Feeling left out
75. Pepsi
76. Scary movies
77. Cream corn
78. Feeling claustrophobic
79. Responsibility
80. Jeff being out of town

I hope...
81. Kids are nice to Jeffrey
82. I am a good mom
83. My brother finds happiness
84. I can be like my parents
85. That there will be a cure for cancer
86. That I will get a Phd someday
87. My children are nice
88. My baby is healthy
89. My husband feels loved
90. My sister-in-law gets married
91. My friend recovers
92. I am a good teacher
93. We will travel to Europe again
94. I can learn patience
95. I make the right decisions
96. My children always have a testimony
97. I will be skinny someday
98. I can be happy anyway
99. My priorities are in order
100. I always remember how good life is

4 comments:

Chiara said...

You hate pot roast?!?! I am totally baffled!! I can't think of anything better than pot roast with mashed potatoes!! (maybe it's because I'm "dieting" right now....hummm)

Anyhow - that was such a fun post. So simple, yet so profound. I just love it!

stacey said...

i miss YOU! that was very insightful.

Jane Blackmun said...

Good post! I laughed out loud at #90 and then I teared up. Thanks for caring. Love you!

PS- there are times that I too hope for that and then others that I don't.!! Am I bad??? :o)

Middle Age Moments said...

wOW eRIN! i SO loved this post! I was baffled as well, at the pot roast. I was laughing, tearful, especially that children will be nice to Jeffery. He is SO adorable! I love that boy and Owen as well. I loved getting to know them in primary. SO many things I could relate to, even the lying out on the tramp! I did that all the time growing up. I love you darlin and want to know you better and better! Shar