-Saw New Moon on Friday with Chantel, Jane, and my cousin Becca. Chantel cracks me up. And I love Jacob's mouth. And I think Edward is a pansy.
-Went to the dermatologist to get checked out. Turns out my years of worshipping the sun are not going to kill me yet, Yay! In the process, dermatologist casually suggests that I might think of removing a mole on my lower hip. Why not, I think. Just a couple stitches, she assures me. A couple stitches turns into 12. Twelve stitches make sleeping very uncomfortable when laying on your left side is the only option with a snoring husband on your right and a beach ball in your belly. Just sayin...
-We managed to get all of our Christmas decorations out of the basement today. I could cry I am so happy. There is a trail of white dry wall dust covering nearly every inch of our house after the fiasco and I don't care one bit. By tomorrow night it will all look magical.
-I can't wait for our basement to be done. Really. Can't. Wait.
-Owen felt the baby for the first time today. The babe had the hiccups and I told Owen to come and put his hand on my belly. His eyes got big and he ran out of the room to tell Jeffrey and Paige. "Guys, I felt mommy's tummy and the baby has the hiccups and I could HEAR them!"
-Paige wants a pink horse for Christmas, Owen wants an easy bake oven, and Jeffrey wants legos, legos, and then maybe some legos. I am most excited about the easy bake oven.
-I love that it is snowing outside right now. It reminds me of New York.
-Just finished reading "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle." Crappiest ending ever. I sat in the bathtub at 1:00 am this morning and wanted to call the author to demand a refund. To think I've been putting off the new "Mysterious Benedict Society" book to finish this disappointment. Why?
-This will be our first Thanksgiving at home. In our 10 years of marriage we have been in either Oregon or California and this year we are staying home. I am a little excited and a little sad, in equal parts. It makes me feel like a grown-up all of the sudden. Isn't it funny the things that make us feel grown up? Not the husband or the house or the kids, but making my own Thanksgiving dinner.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hon he re-wrote Hamlet. If you don't like the ending blame Willy.
you make me laugh. thank you.
Have you read it? An allusion to Hamlet, yes, enjoyable, not so much. At least old William had the good sense to make the characters likeable, this story was about a mute boy and his dogs. And then some more about his dogs. And then he dies along with everyone else in the book. Waste. of. time.
hey there, hope you grown up thanksgiving went well. miss ya
Post a Comment