"When suffering, we may in fact be closer to God than at any other time in our lives."
I was just watching the new video that Nie Nie has posted on You Tube. At the end Elder Holland begins speaking by saying this quote. It brought tears to my eyes. I thought I was all out of tears. Turns out I am not. And this could be the reason why. Things have been hard lately. But without even realizing it, I have felt buoyed up. I have felt the hand of the Lord in our lives, in my life, in ways that are so obvious in retrospect. He has helped me to forget what I should and to remember what I should and to recognize the tender mercies that are all around me. And I feel close. And that brings tears to my eyes, to recognize that closeness, to feel that someone understands and knows and is there beside me through it all. That is a nice feeling .
2 comments:
I just watched that and I have been crying now for an hour! She is amazing, and GOD is amazing!
(((HUGS)))
Thank you for sharing, Erin.
Love you!
Post a Comment