Sunday, May 30, 2010

A bee in my bonnet

Hmmmm...it's been a while. Just haven't been feeling the blog lately. I've been a little obsessed with redecorating the house. I've got a bee in my bonnet which always proves dangerous (and usually expensive.) It all started with this awesome blue china cabinet Jeff bought me for mother's day. Turns out I have been starved for color. Color that isn't the black and red and white my house is currently full of. Color exactly like my blue cabinet. I love it. And now I stay up at night dreaming of the paint I will buy to add the color I am longing for. And in the meantime I am buying lamps and frames and all manner of accesories to change it up a little. I was that girl that changed my room around at least once every few months. My bed would move here, my desk there, my favorite River Phoenix poster on this wall, my bulletin board full of prom pictures and BYU pennants on that wall. You get the picture. I liked the change. I liked waking up in the morning to a different view of things. But as a grown-up in a grown-up house, changing it up is a little more complicated. I can't just move the entertainment system to another wall because there isn't another wall that fits it. Boo. So, I have to change out the pictures in the frames, buy a cool new lamp, maybe some colorful pillows for the couch. And dream of the perfect shade of yellow, orange, maybe white (????) that I will paint my fireplace in the front room and the perfect blue for the side table and.... you can see why there is no time for blogging, too much obsessing.

2 comments:

dream quilt create said...

Would love to see pictures of the blue china cabinet and how you have decorated!

stacey said...

i NEED to see pictures. it's funny that you are loving color because i just decided that too! MISS YOU!