
I woke up early. At 5:27 a.m. my alarm went off. At precisely 5:28 Brooks began to wail. Yes, wail. So loudly in fact that Owen met me at the top of the stairs and gave me a stern talking to about my maternal responsibilities. Responsibility #1 being my apparent inability to immediately respond to said wailing baby before he does. Owen was obviously perturbed. I was too. So I scooped up the babe, stuck a bottle in his mouth and searched in the dark for a sports bra. I was determined to make it to spin today. And I did. I do not always love it when I am there. My quads burn and my butt hurts and I am a sweaty, slippery mess. But I always love it when I am done. I love that fact that it is not even 7 in the morning and I have already done something productive. Yay me. I came home and cuddled with Brooks, showered, rushed the boys off to school and got Paige ready for her first dance class. It was adorable. She pranced around in her pink tutu and it was all I could do not to eat her up right there. We picked up Owen from kindergarten, came home, and I proceeded to tackle the 5 loads of laundry waiting to be folded. Five! I hate folding laundry. Matching socks should be a form of corporal punishment. Yet, somehow I came through unscathed and by 3:00 there were two laundry baskets full of socks and underwear. So productive for a Tuesday. And I am thinking of hiring Owen as a nanny. I figure if he's up anyway he can feed Brooks and I can get a little extra sleep without the bad mommy lecture. That should be worth at least a dollar, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment