Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving

 Paige and Brooks
                                      Owen                     Jeff and Jane
                              Jeffrey and Owen         Brooks and me
                             Jane, Becca, Paige, Erin at Cannon Beach
                                             Aunt Shelly and mom
                                       Me and my cousin Stephanie
                                     Becca, Jeffrey, Erin and Brooks
                                 Paige and Jeffrey at Saturday Market
                                             Me and Kim Taylor

Thanksgiving this year was so nice. We flew to Oregon. Brooks slept the entire way. Both ways. I love him. When we got there, my mom and dad were so excited to see us. I love that too. I think it's the best when you have someone that is so excited to see you. My parents have always been that way. When I came home from school. When I came home from a date or a dance or the grocery store. When I came home from college and my mission. They were always excited to see me. They are good that way. This was no exception.

And then the fun began. We had it all planned, all of my favorite places. We went to Cannon Beach and the Tillamook Cheese Factory, Mongolian Grill and Chuck E. Cheese. We took the kids to Macey's to see the real Santa Claus. It was the same place I went every Christmas as a child and it is magical. We shopped at Pioneer Place and went to Saturday Market and ate Elephant ears and fancy doughnuts with big pieces of bacon on top. We had Thanksgiving dinner with my aunt and uncle and my cousins. It reminded me of all the Thanksgivings of my childhood with all the same people. We went to dinner with my favorite friend and sat for 3 hours laughing and talking and remembering. My favorite places with all of my favorite people. I loved every minute. It was the perfect holiday.

1 comment:

Lars said...

You got me with Mongolian Grill! Happy your Thanksgiving trip was so happy.