Saturday, May 21, 2011

These are good times.





Paige's pre-school program was tonight. Those school programs get me every time. I spend every day, all day looking at her cute little face and don't think twice about it. But then you get her on a stage, dressed up like a cowgirl, singing her heart out and it makes me think. It makes me think that she is still so little. That she won't always be this little. That she won't always be painting butterflies and dreaming about make-up. Make-up! It makes me think that I better really look at her while I can, enjoy her while I can. Not just on special days, but on all those everydays that just seem to slip by. It makes me think that I should make this time count. The time where she is all mine. The time where she tells me I am her best friend and wants to brush my hair and put white eyeshadow on my eyes and cheeks and lips. The time where she tells me I am beautiful and means it. These are good times. And these cute programs remind me of that.

2 comments:

C. C. Fawson said...

You are such a sweet mom. Thanks or the reminder to take it all in.

C. C. Fawson said...

*for