Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hawaii

 We went to Hawaii last week. I think the anticipation leading up to the trip was half the fun.
Everywhere we went, Paige told everyone that we were going to Hawaii. We had it all planned.
We shopped for summery clothes. We bought snorkels and new swim suits.
I got a spray tan and a pedicure. We were ready.
 And then we got there. And it rained everyday. Every. Day. By day two I wanted to cry. I woke up that morning and looked out the window at the building storm clouds. I was mad. All that anticipation. All that money. All that rain. And then Jeff woke up. All cheery. And I really wanted to cry. I told him this. And he went all Mary Poppins on me. Told me that we couldn't do anything about the weather. But that we still could have a great vacation. We could still do all the things we had planned. And we could still make some really good memories here. So I stayed mad for a few more minutes. And then I decided he was right. And we did all the things we had planned. And we had a great vacation.
 Here we are at the Dole Plantation. It is a total tourist trap. With really yummy ice cream.
 Brooks was so good the entire trip. Love that boy.
This was the wettest day of the trip. We spent it up on the North Shore at BYU Hawaii and
The Polynesian Cultural Center. Ponchos and umbrellas were our friends.
 I love the look on the boys faces in this one.
 Ponchos everywhere.
 Sweet girl.
Everyone loved the Polynesian Cultural Center. The show at night was our favorite.


 These were taken at the lagoon at our resort. All those stormy days made for some beautiful sunsets.


 Waiting at the beach to feed the bone fish.

 Here we are behind the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Waikiki
 I went running every morning in Hawaii. (I know, I am shocked too)
And this was the view at the end of the path.
 One of my favorite places on the island.
 This is the resort where we stayed. The grounds are beautiful.
 This was Jeff's favorite part of the trip. Malasadas. They are kind of like scones.
Hot and sugary. And filled with coconut cream.
 And there was shaved ice. Lots of it. Definitely one of the highlights of the trip for us all.
And here is Jeffrey learning how to use fire sticks. The boys loved this.


 This is the only picture we got of the whole group.
It was so fun to have my mom and dad there with us.And those kids of ours were so good.
Jeff was right. It was a great trip.So many good memories.

3 comments:

stacey said...

oh!!! looks so fun!! so glad you had a great time, even in the rain!!

Middle Age Moments said...

So great! I didn't know your mom and dad went. So many adorable pics. Of course. Adorable fam!

Janet said...

Since I never talk to you any more (*a-hem*- I know, my fault) its good to hear about your trip. I went to BYU- Hawaii during winter semester and it seemed like it rained every day then, too. Bah. Sounds like you made the most of it, though. Great pictures. Love your family and props on the running.