Sunday, April 1, 2012
The Best Weekend
This was the best weekend. We went to Brianhead with Jeff's brother and his family. I think that Brianhead has to be one of my favorite places in all the world. It is breathtakingly beautiful. And every time we are there it is just us doing one of our favorite things without any distractions. There is no internet there. My phone barely works. And so we ski all day and swim all night and fall into bed exhausted at the end. I love it.
And my kids love being there with their cousins. They are getting older, getting along better. And loving being together. There was no fighting or arguing. There was just skiing. And talking. And more skiing. They are good memories. Memories that all of these kids will have with them when they are grown. And that is really the important thing, those memories. Those are the things they get to keep, no matter what happens, no matter where life takes them.
I have those kind of memories. We lived by cousins in Oregon and visited cousins in Canada and my childhood is full of memories of them. My memories are different than the ones my kids will have. My memories are of camping at Ft. Stevens and back to school parties and Calloway Park. And when I think of those times, I remember how I felt. How I loved being with my cousins. Those relationships are different now. Some are stronger and some have faded over the years. But I have those memories. And that is important.
Isn't that what conference was all about? Spending time. Nurturing relationships. Prioritizing. We listened to it on the way home from Cedar City yesterday. I think that Elder Holland's talk is one of the best I have ever heard. It was so inspiring, so much what I needed to hear. All of conference was. It makes me want to be better. It makes me appreciate weekends like this where I get to be with my family. Really be with them. Those are the best memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment