Saturday, April 28, 2012

Little Pirates


It has been too long. So long, in fact that it feels a little funny to write again. I could give a million excuses. And most of them would be true. But I will spare you the sordid (I love that word, it sounds so dramatic) details and just say that life has been busy and I have been lazy. And we will leave it at that. But in the midst of my laziness, quite a lot has happened and I have missed it all. Not living it, just recording it. So I will have to play catch up and fill in all the blanks. But for now, I will just spill because I am in that kind of mood. Mostly about my two littles.

First of all, Brooks. Could he be any cuter? In real life, yes. It would be cuter if he had a tiny little non-screamy voice to go along with that squishy little face of his. He is darling. So darling that when he smiles Paige and I both melt on cue and give him anything his little heart desires. Until he screams. And then we are over it. Until he smiles again. And then we are putty in his hands. Again. This is how our days go. Smiling. Screaming. Smiling. Did I mention he is two?

And then there is that Paigey girl. I just can't get enough of her lately. It could be that we went to kindergarten orientation last week. How is it possible that my girly is old enough to be a kindergartner? How? I am insisting that she not go. She is ignoring my pleas. And so I must kiss her as much as possible between now and July in order to stockpile for the hours she will be gone. She is kindly accommodating my neurotic behavior. Love her.

Looking at these two little pirates of mine makes me happy. I love that Brooks looks just like Spanky (from the Little Rascals. Can you see it?) I love that he eats dried mangoes all day, and plays with his choo choo's and looks adorable in skinny jeans. I love that Paige's favorite word this week is interested (As in "I was so interested in the TV that I didn't hear what you were saying mom.") I love that she would rather eat salad than a hamburger and wakes up with crazy hair every morning and wants to play shoe store with me. They are just so fun.

No comments: