If it were up to me, I would choose cinnamon rolls any day of the week. But they are rather time consuming. And then there are all those calories. And I can never stop at just one. So, they don't happen as often as they used to. Cookies, on the other hand, are a staple in the Blackmun household. And it works out nicely for all of us. I can usually stop at one and nobody else can so they are gone before I know it. Easy to make, comparatively few calories (for me) and gone in a flash. These are our favorites. Enjoy!
Red's Ultimate M&M Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened. Don't use margarine, they will not taste as good.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce package (1 3/4 cups) M&M's chocolate mini baking bits (or mini M&M's, the baking ones are hard to find)
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M's. Drop by heaping spoonful about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-13 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. (I would stick to 10 minutes) Do not over bake. Cool one minute on cookie sheet, cool completely on wire racks. Makes about 3 dozen 3 inch cookies. (Usually less!)
No comments:
Post a Comment