Today was Jeffrey's last day of Kindergarten. How is that possible? It seems like I was just walking away from the school on his first day of kindergarten holding back the tears and now first grade is looming in just one short month. Everyone thinks I must be so excited to have him gone for an entire day and that couldn't be any further from the truth. I love my boy and I love having him around. An entire day away from him seems so strange, to think that someone else will be around him for more hours in the day than I am just makes me sad. But I guess that's part of letting go, letting him grow up. And I think he is ready. Kindergarten was so good for him. He had an amazing teacher that really embraced him for who he is and helped him learn and grow in a way that didn't crush his spirit. Such a great way to start his education. The last day of kindergarten testing Mr. Plott came out with Jeffrey and told me how proud he was of him and how far he had come over the course of the school year. He said that he almost started crying during the testing when he saw how much Jeffrey had improved and that made me start to cry. I thanked him for all he had done for Jeffrey and Mr. Plott started to cry too. So there we are in the hallway of the school, wiping away the tears because of this great little boy that we are both so proud of. And Jeffrey just stands there and looks at us like we are crazy. And I guess he's right. But sometimes a little bit of crazy is a good thing.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment