Thursday, December 4, 2008

Family photo shoot

Every year around this time we decide to attempt a family picture for our Christmas card. Last year was particularly successful. We were at the Oregon Coast, perfect setting, perfect lighting, the kids smiled, all was well. This year was a different story. We made our way down under the pier at Seal Beach. Immediately Paige was fascinated by the birds, not your average squawking seagull, but pigeons and lots of them. Pigeons that had pooped all over the cool archway we were standing under (in our bare feet). And the fascination was apparently mutual, because, much to Paige's delight, they wouldn't leave. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. My poor sister-in-law was a saint, trying to snap a decent photo of a little girl that looked everywhere but the camera and two little boys that thought it was really fun to try to scare off the offending birds. This is what the majority of the pics looked like...But, by some miracle, the God's smiled on us and we got one great shot of the fam and a few of the kids. These are the ones that made the cut this year, thanks Jane!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

AWESOME pictures! What a way cute family!

stacey said...

oh my gosh!! they are so cute. i totally want to do the all black/blue jeans!! i can't believe how big the kids are getting!! you and jeff look great too. it was so good to talk to you last night! thanks. love ya!

Chiara said...

Those are FABULOUS pictures! I'm so jealous. We RARELY ever attempt the family picture taking thing....It never works out the way I have "planned" and then I just get really grouchy!! ;)- And then everyone else does too...SAD! :(

momma street said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love the one in the arch! You guys look great.