Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Walk

The girl is obsessed with princesses.
Love how I seem to gain a new chin with every trimester. So attractive.
Twilight mania is alive and well in Syracuse, Utah
He has the prettiest eyes. I know I am totally biased, but he does. Really.
I love traditions. This has become one of ours since we moved to South Jordan, the Pumpkin Walk. For one weekend at the end of every October, the fine citizens of Syracuse, Utah carve themselves a load of pumpkins (around 1,500) and put them out on display for all to see. We wait in line eating cotton candy, hot chocolate, and churros anticipating the plethora of pumpkins that will soon delight us. Some of them are works of art, some are not. But the kids do not care. They squeal and screech at exactly every third pumpkin. "Look, Mom, it's Star Wars!!!! Oooh, look at that one, it's a witch. Ohhh, that one is so creepy. Look Paigey, another princess..." And so it goes the entire trail of pumpkins. Their voices escalate and I tell them to shoosh for the 400th time. Jeff tells me they are just excited, that I should let them be excited. He is right. I shoosh too much. I should let them enjoy the moment, enjoy their childhood uninterrupted. I should join in and squeal myself, before I forget how. I really should.

1 comment:

The Holverson Family said...

What a fun tradition ... I love tradition!