Today was Jeffrey's first day off track. It was lovely. I woke up knowing I would not have to hurry him through getting dressed and brushing, that there were no lunches to be made, that we could lounge in our pajamas as long as we liked. We got Owen off to pre-school and Jeffrey and Paige played in her kitchen and watched Barbie Nutcracker. Owen came home and we ate pizza for lunch and cleaned their rooms. A clean room makes me happy, especially Jeffrey's which is usually covered in jeans and legos. Paige went down for a nap and the boys wanted to play play-doh together. For some reason the fact that they are still young enough to play with play-doh got to me. Play-doh. They are still so little really, only 7 and 5. Some days I forget that, forget that they are just babes. I expect them to be mature and behave and do what I ask. And then they don't and I forget. I shouldn't. I love that they are 7 and 5, that they are still little and want to play together and watch Barbie movies with their sister. I love that they still crawl in bed with me every morning and make forts in the playroom and hide under the covers to play their DS. I love it all, sometimes I just forget. And it takes a day of play-doh to help me remember.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah! A whole post dedicated to the present I gave Owen. I knew I was inspired. j/k. Erin you write so beautifully. It's always so enjoyable to read your posts :)
Ahhhh - thank you for this post. I hate playdough....with a capital H!! And my kids love it. I'm a mean mom! I think I may just play with playdough tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me what is important.
Post a Comment