Friday, December 11, 2009

Feeling happy

Orange makes me happy. Our office in our almost finished basement is orange. We went to Ikea tonight and I bought fabric to make curtains for our orange office. I love the fabric. Buying fabric reminds me of being a child, waiting in line at JoAnn's while my mom measured and pieced in her head for her latest project. I pretended to mind, I really didn't. She loved fabric. So do I.

Lots of love lately. Went to Downeast to find some curtains for the baby's room. They were having a 50% off sale and I found a pair of matching curtains in navy. Perfection. Hit the real jackpot with a pair of $200 boots I had been coveting from J. Crew that happened to be at Downeast in my size for 39.99. Oh happy day.

What else? Happy that we got 2 packages in the mail today and that I finally finished folding all 7 loads of laundry and that we had cheese fries for dinner and that I only gained 2 pounds at my Dr. appt. Happy for my cousin Amy and her baby Abby and for my little baby who kicks and rolls inside me. Happy that Jeffrey is mine. He had $10 to spend at the Christmas store at school today. His list was ready. And he came home with 2 presents for the baby, a little Jazz bear and a Scooby Doo tin bank. It was all he bought. He makes me smile. Listened to Tom Petty and Elvis Costello at dinner. :) So happy that someone invented magic erasers and that they magically do erase orange sharpie from our wood floor (my love of orange only goes so far). Just feeling happy.

2 comments:

stacey said...

good deals!! i would be happy too! miss you. hope you are having a great christmas season!

momma street said...

Thanks for being happy for us Erin! I am happy for you to. Stay strong and enjoy your Christmas! I LOVE YOU!!