So here it is. We are having a baby in less than a month. Aside from feeling huge, I am also feeling more than a little excited for our babe to make his big debut. I wonder what he will look like and how he will be and all the other million things you wonder when a new person enters the world. It seems a little surreal. I can't wait to meet him.
Jeff knew immediately what he wanted to name our baby boy. It was the name he had picked out when I was pregnant with Owen. But somehow it didn't fit then, Owen is just such an Owen. But this time Brooks seems to fit. Brooks Blackmun, it has a nice ring to it. But we are stuck on a middle name. Rather, I am stuck. Jeff seems to like Toliver the best, I am not so sure. We like to use family names for middle names, so they have a story, someone to look up to, feel connected with. Jeffrey Todd is named after Jeff, Owen Peter is named after my dad, and Paige Marie is named after my Grandma and is also my middle name. This is what we've narrowed it down to for Brooks:
1. Oliver-this is Jeff's great-Grandpa's middle name, kind of the name I am liking at the moment, but probably the one that's the least meaningful.
2. Toliver- Oliver was a take on this family name. Toliver is the last name of several of Jeff's relatives, one in particular that was a character with some great stories.
3. Fife- This is Jeff's (late) mom's maiden name. I love this, it just doesn't seem to flow as well. But using his mom's name seems really nice...
4. Noel- This is our mission president's name (pronounced nole). We both loved him lots, and I like the name.
So...what do you think?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i like the sound of noel, but would everyone think noel (like christmas)?? i like brooks though! i want to meet him too! i can't believe you are due so soon. YEAH!
I think they all have a good ring to them. I think Fife would be special because it'd be a reminder of the grandma he never got to meet. I can't believe how soon he'll be here. I'm so excited for you!
I think Brooks Fife has a nice ring to it. I like them all but, speaking from experience, I think with Noel he will often have to correct the pronunciation.
I like Fife too. You know he is with Grandma right now waiting to come down to you guys!! Speaking of Grandma - can't you work Lylus in there somehow?!! Just kidding!!!
My vote is Fife too. I think it's adorable and to have it be after Jeff's is really special.
I like Noel...yes, there is the whole pronunciation thing, but more often than not, he'll be saying his name after being asked. I do like Fife as well...congrats on another one. Funny how I've got three girls and one boy.
Post a Comment