Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow

Snow. That song from White Christmas keeps running through my head, nice background music for the lovely scenery outside. I am sitting in my comfy chair, looking out the window and pretending I am Rosemary Clooney for a moment with dreamy Bing falling in love with me, crooning away about snow, snow, snow. Jeff always ruins the moment by reminding me that in real life ol' Bing wasn't quite so dreamy. I don't care. His voice makes me melt.

Back to the snow...I love it. Especially the first real snow. We went sledding yesterday after school and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. They went up and down the hill dozens of times, racing, crashing, laughing, crashing some more. Paige was loving every minute of it. She went down alone on her little saucer sled then tromped back up the hill, ready for more. When did she get so big? Jeffrey and Owen took turns carrying her sled up the hill, I didn't even have to ask. When did they get so big? We stayed until it was almost dark and then came home for wassail and cinnamon rolls. The wassail was not such a hit, the cinnamon rolls were. They all woke up today, delighted that there was enough snow to go sledding again and then maybe again too. So am I.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love the snow too! You know what I love even more? Your cinnamon rolls! Oh my gravy, those are divine. Thanks for dropping those off last night:)

stacey said...

you guys are too cute! i wish we had enough snow here to go sledding!

Katie said...

That picture of the kids is so sweet! Nice that they were actually being sweet to each other too and it's not just a picture fake out :)