
Today is my last day of being pregnant. I will be induced tomorrow. Wierd to have an appt. to have a baby, like going to the dentist, so routine. Only this time I get to come home with a tiny little babe in tow. Lucky me. I've been induced every time, but this time it seems a little strange, this mix of emotions I am having. Part of me is so excited to have this babe in my arms, to kiss him, and love him and breathe in his sweet heavenly smell. And then part of me is a little sad. Sad to have the whole process be done, no more kicks and squirms inside me, to finally realize all the anticipation I have been feeling the past 9+ months. Maybe it's because he could be our last. To think that this is my last pregnancy, my last baby, seems so final. Aside from the first yucky months, I think pregnancy is so cool. To create a life, to feel it grow inside you, watch your body change, all of it is so amazing. And now it is almost over. And I feel a little blue that I may not get to experience it again. We'll see. But for now, wish me luck. Thursday is the day our little Brooks will make his big debut. So. Cool.
5 comments:
so cool is right. i'm so excited for you! you just so beautifully put words to all of my emotions when I had Marley....the thought of this being the last....gut wrenching....
BUT GOOD LUCK TODAY! Let me know when I can come snuggle with him and kiss him in his soft little neck!
you said it perfectly! that very reason is why i think we will have another. so i can love being pregnant and the miracle it is one more time.
hope all goes well. i will be thinking about you and praying for you!! can't wait to see some pictures!
Good luck Erin! Can't wait to meet him! I know how you feel. Part of me wants to have another baby, to feel the emotions and the beautiful life that you are creating and yet, I know I am done. Cherish the moment!
Good luck. That has been my toughest realization.
Don't you have a lap top with you in the hospital?! ;)- Geez...I'm trying to be patient, but I'm not very good at it. Tell Jeff to get on it at least!! ;)- CONGRATS!!
Post a Comment