Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Important Details

I survived. The weekend came and went in one big blur. I was so stressed that the font wouldn't be filled in time and that the baby would cry and it would go too late and there wouldn't be enough food and the house wouldn't get clean and... on and on. But it all  happened as it should. The font was full, the baby slept, it did not run too late, everyone came back to a clean house with plenty of food. And really, none of that stuff mattered in the end. I always seem waste my energy worrying about the details that really aren't the important ones. What was important was this; one boy was blessed and the other was baptized and it was all so beautiful. Over a dozen men stood in the circle as Jeff blessed Brooks. It was so cool. All you could see was a sea of black and blue suit coats as Jeff blessed our babe. I love my husband. I am still so suprised that I picked someone so good and kind and that he picked me back. The blessing he gave our son was so personal and perfect for this boy of ours. Then he handed Brooks back to me and he and Jeffrey walked out, hand in hand. Jeffrey went all the way under the first time and did not get water in his ears. He was so relieved. Then they came back and again a sea of black and blue suits surrounded my boy as Jeff blessed  and confirmed Jeffrey. It was so touching. Everything he said was meant just for Jeffrey in a way that only a father could know. And he felt it. I hope he remembers that. I will.

4 comments:

dream quilt create said...

What a wonderful day, a huge payday and blessing for you as parents! What a great family you are. What is the story behind baby's blessing gown? Was it yours, or was it just for the baby?

Kelly E. said...

What an awesome day! Congrats!

Sally said...

So fun! We got our invitation on Monday. The invite went all over the valley - you should see all the writing on the envelope. It took several detectives at the post office to figure out our zip code. I'm so sad we missed it. We would have totally been there to celebrate with you. Besides...it's been too long. Glad it was such a great day!

stacey said...

what a special day for your sweet family! glad everything went so good. if you didn't worry about the small things, you wouldn't be a wahlen!