Tuesday, June 22, 2010
A do-da-daddy
Father's Day was this weekend. It slipped by quietly, without all the fanfare that Mother's day seems to generate. We didn't forget. Jeff got nice presents and nice cards. And then he went out and worked the bbq all evening and helped do the dishes and get the kids in bed and stayed up late watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory with my fam. (so funny.) At the end of the day he was tired. At the end of everyday he is tired. He gets up early and goes to work early and solves everyones problems and then comes home and tries to solve all of mine. Usually with two kids hanging from his legs and one in his arms and another asking him to go out and play catch. It's a tiring job. But he does it and he doesn't ever complain. Ever. He is good like that. I am not. And sometimes I take that for granted. I like to think I do it all. But I don't. And at the end of the day I get to collapse in bed next to him. Tired and happy and grateful I have someone like Jeff to share it all with. Our kids think he's kind of awesome too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment