I have eaten half a box of Jujyfruits in the last 30 minutes. Reading facebook and eating jujyfruits can be a lethal combination. Facebook is depressing and I am not suppose to be eating candy. No candy or cookies or chips or anything else that tastes good. Did you ever notice that all of the things you are not suppose to eat but want to eat anyway start with a c? Hmmm...must be some sort of a conspiracy. And now my stomach hurts from too many jujyfruits. Boo. And my head is full of all kinds of randomness from facebook. So instead of posting there I will post all of my random thoughts here.
-Owen graduated from pre-school. For the third time. But somehow knowing that this time was the last time made me a little sad. He is a full head taller than everyone in his class, it's time. But thinking of my baby starting kindergarten in a month makes me want to cry.
-I hate potty training. Really hate it. My boys never had accidents. Paige has been wearing panties for the last 3 days and has had at least that many accidents. Today it was on my seat in the car after we walked out of church. She didn't say anything, just left a nice big puddle for me as she scurried back to her seat. Hate potty training.
-I do not like professional soccer. Owen shares my sentiments. We went to a Real game with Jeffrey's soccer team on Friday and Jeffrey loved it. He did not watch any of the game. He ate cotton candy and kettle corn and trash talked the other team. Owen and I played rock, paper, scissors.-Brooks is allergic to his formula. We are spending a small fortune on formula every month and he is still allergic. Bah.
-I got a new toothbrush. It is yellow. I love yellow. It almost makes me want to brush my teeth. Almost. I still hate toothpaste. It makes me want to gag.
-I am sad that Jeff's dad is dead. Sometimes I forget and the phone will ring and I will think it is him. It always used to be him. And now it is not him. And I hate forgetting and then having to remember.
-Jeffrey has new freckles. All over his nose and the tops of his cheeks. I love them.
-We have bright orange flowers in our boxes this year. Every time I drive up to the house they make me smile.
-I love the lake in our neighborhood. A lot. We ride around it every morning and I love the way it smells and the way it ripples and the grasses that grow around it. All of it. Love it.
-Found the best guilt-free treat. Quaker Mini Delights chocolatey mint rice cakes. So. good. Just like thin mint girl scout cookies but only 90 calories of goodness.
-Finally time to get a new cell phone. With texting. Hello 21st century.
-So glad summer is here. And my mom and dad are here with it. Such a nice combo.
3 comments:
Can I just mention once again that I love you! Because I do.
Sorry you didn't like the Real game. Maybe because it was 0-0 and there was no exiciting goal to see. Loved the picture of you and Owen. I love the way you write! You need to write a book, or at least your personal history. I'd love to read it!
Hey, I just got a yellow toothbrush from my dentist and I love it! Yellow, sunshiny joy! Sorry to hear about you and toothpaste. I used to be that way. Have you tried just baking soda? If it's good enough for Little House on the Prairie times...so it's not minty or tasty. Just be gentle.
Potty training. Ditto. I have nothing stellar to tell you because we tried everything..eventually age worked. Pull-ups and a potty in the van. Seriously.
Love this post!
Post a Comment