Monday, August 9, 2010

What are you looking at?

This was the conversation that Owen and I had during sacrament meeting on Sunday.
Me: Owen, what are you looking at.
O: That boy behind us, sitting by his dad.
(Owen keeps looking and then looking some more)
Me: Why do you keep looking?
O: Because I think he's deaf.
Me: Why do you think he's deaf.
O: Because no kid could be quiet for that long.

I had to stifle a laugh. Mute and deaf are apparently interchangeable in Owen's world. This coming from a boy whose brother actually is deaf, the same brother who is the most talkative child on the face of the planet. I wanted to suggest to him that perhaps that little boy behind him was just trying to be reverent. But I refrained. He already had it all figured out. I love how his mind works. 

1 comment:

Addison and Kristie said...

That is sooooo funny. Now I'm trying to remember who was sitting behind you in sacrament meeting last week. Definitely wasn't us!