Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dear Jeffrey

Dear Jeffrey-
 I am just loving you so much right now. This last week I have been watching you a little closer than I normally do, noticing things I don't always see. On Sunday I watched you in the primary program at church. You were dressed up in your suit with a snazzy grey bow tie, looking so dapper. My eyes kept going to you again and again. You looked so handsome, my little boy so grown up. I leaned over and told daddy how handsome you were and he agreed. We both beamed a little. But not as bright as you. You are the shiniest boy I know, you always have been.

On Tuesday you were across the street for cub scouts. As I was driving off to school I saw you walking down the sidewalk with the other boys. You were hanging behind a little with your arm around a new boy in the troop. His legs don't work quite right, making him a little slower than the rest. And there you were, walking beside him, being his friend. I loved you more in that moment than I ever have.

Today I came to your class to help with the Halloween party. I sat back and watched you. You laughed and smiled for a solid hour. In between you ran back to give me hugs and tell me you loved me. You were not embarrassed by what your classmates might think, it didn't even occur to you. You were fully immersed in the moment, it's one of the best things about you. You are a happy soul. Another mom that was helping asked who my child was. As I pointed you out she said how cute you were. I had to agree. You are the cutest, sweetest, shiniest boy I could have asked for. And I love you like crazy.                                
                                                                                    Love, Mom

1 comment:

C. C. Fawson said...

Jeffery is one of those kids I expect I'll brag about knowing when he was little. Love you bud!