Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It is late

Is is late. Entirely too late for me to be up. I spent most of last night reading Hunger Games. It has been sitting on my nightstand for months and I finally decided to pick it up, to see what all the fuss was about. I was addicted immediately. I could not stop reading. It was just so disturbing and engrossing all at the same time that I had to finish it. And I did. And I am so tired that I am beyond being tired. Which is good. I have been up for the past 3 hours trying to put a syllabus together for my classes tomorrow. I am not ready to start, the break has not been long enough. I need another month. Or maybe two. But I do not have another month. I have until tomorrow night. And my syllabus must be done. And so I sit, entering new dates, editing assignment here, deleting them there. And there is really nothing good on tv this late. It is much easier to sit at the computer with something good in the background. Jimmy Kimmel just isn't doing it for me. And the girl he is interviewing has annoying teeth. Tiny little blue-white teeth. Ugh. I always notice teeth, I annoy even myself with this. I had to go to the social security office yesterday and sit for an hour and a half to get a new ss card for Brooks. After an hour and a half they told me no. It sucked. And everyone there had yucky teeth. It was very unpleasant. And now I should go to bed because I tend to get a bit whiny and random when I am tired. So I will apologize to all of the people at the ss office. I am sure you are all lovely. Except for the bipolar boy with black hair and 6 inch fingernails. You scared me.

2 comments:

Chiara said...

hahaha - I love tired Erin. She is my most favorite!

Janie said...

I just read the whole series over the past 2 weeks--so good! I couldn't put them down.