Sunday, January 29, 2012

Owen

Tonight was Owen's baptismal preview. This year he will be turning eight. Where did the time go? How can my little boy be turning eight? It seems out of all four of my children, he is the one that has grown up the fastest. Jeffrey was little forever. And then Owen came along and they were little together. And then Jeffrey started to grow up and Owen was in such a hurry to keep up with him. And in that hurry he grew up right along with Jeffrey. And before I knew it, I had two big boys. And here we are. With one about to turn 10 and another turning 8 this year, getting ready to be baptized. How can I be a momma to these big kids? Crazy. But in a good way. I look at my Owen and I see in him so many things that I am proud of. I see a boy who is sensitive and responsible and careful and competitive and loving and loyal. In many ways he is so much older than his 7 years, so mature. I feel like I can talk to him and he understands exactly what I am saying, how I am feeling. I can see all the things he will become, the man he will someday be. And this is one of the first steps that will get him there. I am proud of this boy of mine.

3 comments:

dream quilt create said...

Wow, it seems like yesterday (almost) when he was a little Sunbeam. The years will fly by and then he will be leaving on his mission....Owen is very handsome, btw :)

Kelly E. said...

He is such a cutie in primary! I love your boys enthusiasum!

Middle Age Moments said...

I love Owen! I love all your kiddos. You are exactly right....time goes way to fast. Love love love you! Please make sure you let me know when the big day is. I really want to come. K?