Monday, January 9, 2012
January Blues
Do you get the January blues? Why is that? Even when I was a little girl January was not my favorite month. I can't say why really. It's the month of my birthday. And as a kid, birthdays are kind of awesome. But still, that little bit of blah wiggled its way in, even then. Usually it's worse. In fact, this year I don't really think it's so bad. But I just feel kind of, ugh. You know, that sort of unsettled, why do I feel this way sort of feeling. It's probably a lot of things. I got a new calling at church, that's part of it. I was called into nursery. I don't hate it, it just takes some getting used to. And I don't get to go to relief society. I don't love that part. But those little kids really are so cute and sweet and I get to be with Brooks. I do love that part. But still, it's change. I am so bad with change. And I am starting a new semester. I start on Tuesday. For some reason, starting a new semester always gets my feathers ruffled. Once I have the first night under my belt, I am fine. But until then I feel all weird. The new names and faces and getting back into a routine after a long, lovely holiday. My first night happens to be on my birthday. This actually happens quite often. And it's really not such a big deal. But I think it's the birthday that adds to my January blues. Birthdays are not so awesome when you are not a kid. And I am turning 37 this year. 37 is definitely not a kid. In fact, 37 seems very, very old to me. I hate this growing old business. And I hate that I hate it. I want to be one of those women that grows old gracefully, that seems not to be bothered with wrinkles and numbers. I am not one of those women yet. Boo. What else? Oh, there's the baby thing. And maybe that's the big thing. Why does this weigh on my mind so? Why? Maybe it's to do with the birthdays. Every year I get older. We said we would be done having babies when I was 35. I had Brooks 4 days after my 35th birthday. 35, 4 kids. It seemed like a good thing. But then there's that little itch I have. That feeling that there's just one more. I try to talk myself out of it, still. 4 is good. And Brooks is good. Maybe we shouldn't press our luck. Bah. But it weighs on me. That little feeling. If only I didn't have to get pregnant. I am terrified of being pregnant again. I am such a nervous, emotional wreck of a girl when I am pregnant. If a baby could just appear in my arms. Even if I could just fast forward to 40 weeks and deliver that baby of mine. But it doesn't really work that way, does it? Instead, I get pregnant and paranoid and fat. Super fat. And 9 months is a long time to be all of those things. But a baby...Bah. So there it is. All the weight of January in one whining post. And now I feel so much better about it all. Blogging is the best kind of therapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello my dear, I have just read your post and I feel the need to comment. So I shall. Let me first tell you how much I adore you...you are one of my favorites. January is lame...because there is just nothing fun to look forward to for awhile. Secondly, let me tell you that you are not anywhere close to old. You are an eternal lovely lady, so if you think about it...you are like a young baby and you have millions and millions of years ahead of you. Think about it that way and you'll never feel old, LOL maybe tired thinking of the time ahead of you but never old. Finally I want to tell you a little story. I grew up in a family of four. Opposite of your children 1 boy and 3 girls. As a child, I always had this weird feeling when we were all together (ex. family prayer) that someone was missing. Well one very strange day (I was 17) while walking through Shopko with my mom, I said "Mom I need socks", she said, Jamie, I'm pregnant". WHAT!!! Well my little brother Brenden was born several months later. My mom was 40. I have never had that feeling since. I do not tell you this to talk you into having that 5th baby. I just say this to let you know that you are not too old to have a baby and if there is one more little honey up there for you, everything will be ok. My brother is now 17 and my mom and dad don't regret for a second having him. If your feelings are strong, you should pray about it and realize that Heavenly Father may have a different plan and has you covered. Love and miss you! Jamie C.
Well said sweet Jamie! And ditto to all. I'm a January hater as well. But think about it. how would you like to follow Christmas? I kinda feel bad for the poor month. gloomy, usually ugly, boring, nothing to look forward to except you do have a b day. And New years resolutions....bah...dumb, don't do em. I think there should be, I dunno, maybe mid year resolutions, or no year resolutions. And you know what I say about baby stuff...no one HATES being pregnant more than me. Really really hate it, but...I say GO FOR IT! And look at what a hottie you are, and always are, even in the pregnant state.You know how I feel about having Curtis, and I had to sneak him in. So glad I did, and the whole fam adores him, kinda the glue in this clan. Love love love you! And hate hate hate Jan. We're almost half way through YAY!
erin! what a way with words you have. I MISS YOU!! i am flattered to have made your list and right back at you babe! maybe we should fly someone random and just have a girls weekend!!! wouldn't that be heavenly!!
Post a Comment