Yesterday my Owen was baptized. The first picture is the best. That is just about how he felt that day. I'm not sure if it was all the attention, or if he was nervous, but he was kind of a little cranky the whole day. Nothing like being able to capture the mood in a picture, right? He got a little better as the day went on. And I had to keep reminding myself how special this day was, so that I could remember all the good things about it too. Not just a grouchy little boy. So I did.
I hope when he looks back, this is what he remembers too.
This is what I remember.
I remember sitting behind Jeff and Owen as the talks were being given.
I remember looking at my husband with his arm around our son.
They looked so perfect sitting there, like they just fit together.
I remember watching them walk into the water.
Owen's nervous smile and Jeff's hand on his shoulder.
I remember all the little children sitting in front of the font, giggling.
I remember watching all these men we love put their hands on Owen's head.
I remember the sound of Jeff's voice as he gave Owen the Holy Ghost.
I remember the promises that were given.
I remember feeling so proud of these two boys of mine.
I remember looking around that room, filled with people we love.
And I was glad that Owen would know they loved him too.
I remember standing to get a picture with our little family.
And feeling so happy.
I hope Owen remembers it too.
All those warm feelings. All the love.
The happiness that lingered in our home.
I hope those are the memories that stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment