Friday, February 8, 2013

I like my kids



 
 
We have spent a lot of time together lately. We are at the end of three weeks off track. And I have to say that I have loved it. Three weeks is a long time in the middle of winter. It is cold and we all have a little bit of cabin fever. But we went places and did things and hung out together non-stop. And I liked it. I always do, but I liked it in the midst of it this time. I can always look back and remember what we did and miss those moments and the togetherness. But this time, I felt it while it was happening. This week we were at Classic Fun Center. I sat and watched them play together. I watched Owen stay behind and help Brooks down the stairs. I watched Paige and Jeffrey tumble down the slides together. I watched them all race around the skating rink on their scooters. They raced and yelled at each other and laughed and cried. All at once. And then they came to me to tell on someone or to kiss an owie before they raced off again. And that is just what our life is like. All those crazy emotions that come with loving each other. And I know that they do. Sometimes I wonder. They fight like crazy. They scream and yell and pout and call names. And then they apologize and say I love you. And they forget. And that is what family does. And I am really glad that we get the time to be together and do that. To spend 3 weeks away from school and homework and schedules and just hang out. It's good for them. And good for me. It reminds us that we really do like each other.

1 comment:

Pete Bowman said...

We are so happy that all of you enjoyed being off track. And spending time together hanging out. You really are a fun, fun group!