Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brace Face


Jeffrey got braces on his 11th birthday. He was super excited. Super. I was not so excited. Braces are for big kids, teenagers. And I just can't think of him that way. He still seems so much like my little boy. Or maybe I will just always think of him that way. But I knew, knew that mouth full of metal would make him grow up. And it did. He looked different, older. Automatically. He went into that office my little boy and came out big. Just like that. It was bound to happen. I just didn't want it to. But he does. And that's a good thing. He wants to grow up and be independent and do all the stuff I did when I was 11. It's good. I know this. And I know what a good kid he is. I'm just overly sentimental. And, looking at that freckled little face full of braces makes me just want to squeeze him tight. While he will still let me. Will  he always let me? I hope so. Love, love this boy of mine.

No comments: