Saturday, May 18, 2013

Lucy

She is here!! Our little Lucy Jane arrived at 2:58 pm yesterday weighing in at 6 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. She is perfection. A tiny little angel with dark brown hair and dainty little features. I love her to pieces. It always amazes me how that happens. The intensity of that love is immediate.

Her delivery was the best of all 5 of my kids. I had my epidural early because the anesthesiologist had an emergency c-section. Epidurals are not my favorite. They make me anxious and shaky. And this one seemed to last forever. I could feel my anxiety building. I said a little prayer that it would all go well, That my brother and Jeff's dad could be there and watch over me and my baby, hold my hand. I felt calm immediately. The rest of the delivery was so smooth. I finally gathered enough courage to watch in the mirror and it was amazing. It felt so surreal, like it wasn't my body I was watching do this incredible thing. Two pushes later she was out and in my arms. A perfect little body that had been part of me for 9 months. So incredible. 

As I write this she is sleeping on my chest. She smells like heaven. And I wish I was 10 years younger so I could do this again. And again. But I am not. So I will enjoy every moment of her. I will soak in her tinyness while it lasts. I will stare at her milky eyes and kiss her chubby cheeks. I will just love being her momma.
 
 
 
 
 

 


3 comments:

C. C. Fawson said...

Oh my goodness she is gorgeous! I love all of that dark hair and she is all eyes and alert. What a little nibble of perfection. Yay for baby Blackminnies! The world just got a little cuter. Love you! You look fantastic by the way.

Addison and Kristie said...

You just made me want to have another baby. Addison is not going to be happy about this.

Lars said...

You are seriously the most gorgeous momma through delivery and right after. Naturally gorgeous!
These photos are perfection.
--Lauriann