How can it be November already? This fall has slipped by in a blur. A happy, busy blur. Especially October. October is one of my favorites, as months go. And this one was no exception. We spent a week of it in Oregon. I love Oregon. I know this about myself, there are no surprises here. Yet, every time I go home I remember it and feel it deeper than I did before. I love the green and the river and the trees and the city and my mailbox and the smell and even the somber, grey sky. All of it. And this is one of my favorite spots, Multnomah Falls. We drive by it on our way into Portland. Our last welcome before the city comes into view. The splashing falls nestled in among all that lush green. This time we decided to go back and hike to the top. It was so fun. My mom stayed at the bottom with Brooks while the rest of us hoofed it up the trail. I was so proud of my kids. And my dad. It was a hard, steep hike. But we made it to the top. And then practically ran down again. And when I say practically I mean we sprinted. Which totally justified all the calories we consumed the rest of the week. Tillamook ice cream anyone?
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sad I didn't get to see you! Maybe next time :)
Oops, this is Dusti! :)
Post a Comment