Monday, November 28, 2011

Pictures






I have been working on a little project the last few days, filing all of my photos on the computer. It has been such a fun, sentimental trip through the past nine years of our life. Looking at all my babies as newborns and infants and toddlers. Seeing them grow and change before my eyes. Watching those chubby little babies disappear into the little people they are now. Seeing shadows of who they are in the eyes and lips and noses that I had memorized then. It makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time. Time is such a bittersweet thing. And looking back at the years that have passed, I am so glad we have a record of it all. Of Jeffrey's first day of kindergarten and Owen as an indian at Halloween and Paige with the little headbands that would never stay on her head and bringing Brooks home from the hospital. I love to look at those pictures and remember my babies and how I felt at every stage. Love it.

We got our family pictures taken last month. They were the first "real" pictures we have had since before Paige was born. The kids were not so good. I did not even like them by the time we were finished. At all. But, luckily a few turned out. And looking at them now, while the house is quiet and all those crazies are asleep, I can almost forget how rotten they were. And instead I can see how cute and small and perfect they are right now. And how lucky I am to have them. And how much I love, love, love them all.

4 comments:

The Tanuvasa Family said...

I hope you blow up the last one. I love them all though! Your family is so sweet.

Janet said...

I want to do the same thing. I'm sure it will make me crazy sentimental, but in a good way, like you said. Your family is so awesome. And your kids are, too. Will you show me how you did it?

Middle Age Moments said...

So adorable! Nothing I hated worse than family picture day. On one occasion, Jami threw up on her sisters. I was walking down the mall with vomit all over them. Looking back, I wish I would have a copy! I vote for the last one as well!

Chiara said...

Perfection at its best!