Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of Preschool





Today was Owen's first day of preschool and, as always, I can count on him to say something profound. Here is the conversation we had as I was helping him get his shoes on before we left.
O: "I'm still going to preschool, right?"
me: "Right."
O: "Because I'm still little, right?"
me: "Right."
O: "But I've just got big feet, right?"
me: "Right."
Profound because it is so true (the kid wears a size 13 at age 3) and he is just so matter-of-fact about it. Little kid-big feet= perfect sense.
And this was the conversation we had after he got home.
me: "So, how was school?"
O: "It was great!"
me: "What did you do?"
O: "Ate cheetos."
me: "Anything else?"
O: " Played with a girl. The brand new girl in my class and she said, 'I love you Owen.'"
me: "Are you sure?"
O: "Yep, I'm sure, she really said it."
me: "Who did you sit by in class?"
O: "The new girl...she was nice to me." (big smile on his face)
me: "What did you learn about today?"
O: "Bunny rabbits."
me: "Cool. And what was your favorite thing you did today?"
O: "Play outside."
me: "Are you excited to be back at school again?"
O: "Ya."
me: "Did you miss me?"
O: "No, (more like "nnnnoooooooo") ...did you miss me?"
me: "Yes."
O: "O.k. I guess I missed you too."

3 comments:

Somer said...

Big feet but handsome boy. Way to go Owen, winning over the girls.

Kristie said...

He is so adorable. But he better tell that girl hands off! He's Millie's! Hope Paige is feeling better soon. I'm so worried about that little princess. Thinking about ya!

Lars said...

Your group did much better with first day photos. That year makes a difference! So great!

Have a super year Owen!