






Our little Owen is a funny one! Most 4 year old dream of birthday parties with friends and food and presents and fun. We had to talk Owen into having a party this year. It went something like this... "Really, it will be fun, your friends will come and we will have a pinata and a cake and they will bring you PRESENTS!!!" What could be better? (Owen apparently could think of several things that would be better.) "Who do you want to invite?" "Nobody." The conversation continued this way. The only thing he was sure about was that IF he had a party, he wanted it to be Star Wars. Shocking! So we helped him along. We bought the party plates, we filled out and delivered the invitations, we stuffed the pinata. He was almost excited about it when Friday afternoon rolled around. As his friends showed up, he decided that just maybe this would be fun. He passed out the prizes after the games, he had his very own Darth Vader pinata to pummel, he ordered everyone around as he opened his presents, he basked in the attention as his friends sang Happy Birthday to him. He was in his element, in fact he even looked like he was enjoying himself. So when it was all over, I asked him, "So, did you have a good time at your party?" "No." So typically Owen! At least he smiled for the camera!
5 comments:
That is hillarious. I never would have known he was such a party pooper. Thanks for inviting us! The kids enjoyed running around Target with their lightsabers and trying to stab people after the party. Addison especially loved that one. But seriously, they had so much fun!
Hi Cute Friend, that Owen is a funny one. I have the opposite problem. As soon as Grayson's birthday parties are over she is planning next years.
Jamie
Hey, Erin! I lurked around and found you! This is so funny! Visit our blog: holversonfamily.blogspot.com
I love that he told several people last night that he had a birthday and that he's four. It paid off! NOW he's excited.
I found your blog through Sally's blog, what a cute little family. I named my little girl paige also. I am glad to see you are doing well.
Post a Comment