Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cannon Beach







Someday when my children are grown and my heart is aching for the past I will look back at these pictures and remember this day. I will remember Owen and Paige holding hands, their little blonde heads beside one another, giggling with excitement as the waves chase them along the shore. I will remember the complete sense of freedom I see in Jeffrey's eyes as he splashes through the water. I will remember ten little toes digging into the sand. I will remember Owen's striking blue eyes staring back at me as he makes sand angels. I will remember my Dad with his grandchildren, making sand castles and holding their hands, saying I love you without speaking. Someday I will look back and remember this day and my heart will be full.

7 comments:

Somer said...

Sometimes we need to remember days like that right now. When the kids aren't getting along or cooperating. The pictures are wonderful. I love beach memories from my childhood, especially the ones that didn't involve swimsuits. What a fun place to call home.

dream quilt create said...

I loved your poetic description of your special day. It took me back to those days when my children were young and we were at the beach.

Chiara said...

Cannon Beach IS a magical place. You make me home sick!!
But what I really want to know is...."How did Paige like that big lick of sand off her shovel!?" hahah! She is so cute!

OtelaLove said...

The pictures are gorgeous. Your post reminds me of Pres. Monson's talk to just enjoy life and be happy for each day. I'm so glad we have the chance to share such special days with family and teh opportunity to capture the moment. Life doesn't get any better.
Jamie C.

Em said...

Erin you make me want to be in Oregon right now!!! I want to be at Cannon Beach and show my kids the beauty of the ocean. I also want to go to your home. That home was once my home for a very short few months and yet I feel still feel the comfort and love there. Tell your mom and dad hi for me. (call me when you get home)

Cole Family said...

hey erin...didn't know you had a blog...found yours on dusti's blog....looks like you all had a fun vacation...i'll have to add you to my blog...see you soon, vanessa

Lars said...

You have truly, brave, honorary Oregonian children. Cannon beach..in the water...in the fall. I used to love to take that brave jump in and then just wait for the blessed numbness. ha ha

Oh how I miss the Coast!
Looks like you had a fantastic trip.