
Last weekend marked the end of our soccer season. And I have to say that when this Saturday rolled around, soccer free, I was a little sad. I wasn't so sure how this whole coaching thing would work out at the beginning of the season, but now that its all over I am so glad I did it. Isn't it funny how life seems to work out that way? I had a great group of kids, they all improved a ton over the course of the season, and I LOVED being able to spend time with Jeffrey. Seeing him out there on the soccer field, being aggressive, going after the ball, it was awesome! Soccer was such a big part of my life when I was growing up, it seems a little surreal to watch my own child doing the thing I loved and loving it too. Surreal, but really cool at the same time. So now we move into basketball season and Jeff will get to bask in the nostalgia of his childhood. (Is it evil that I hope Jeffrey will still like soccer better?) Until next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment