This morning Owen came and snuggled me in bed. He found his place in the crook of my arm and settled in. Paige was asleep beside me and he looked over at her."Mom, can I be your baby today?"
"Sure Owie, you can be me baby today and I will kiss you and hug you and make you my own."
"O.k."
I smothered him in kisses and he giggled. Just like he did when he was my little baby. He was such a dream. He slept, he ate, he smiled, he loved only me. So different than Jeffrey had been. I loved every moment of him. And then he grew up. I'm not sure when it happened. But it did. And now my baby is four years old. And I love that he still wants to be my baby. I love that he still wants me to hug him and kiss him. That he still comes to snuggle me in bed every morning. That he still loves me like he did when he was that little bright-eyed babe of mine. I love you too, my sweet little Owie.
No comments:
Post a Comment