Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
ROLLS
1 1/4 ounce package active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 butter, melted (the recipe calls for margarine, I like butter)
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
4 cups all purpose flour
FILLING
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened (again, the recipe calls for margarine but butter is better, promise)
ICING
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese (I usually use 1/2 box, 4 ounces. The more the better!)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt (this is what the recipe calls for, I don't put it in b/c you can really taste it.)
DIRECTIONS
1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Mix together the sugar, butter, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well
3. Knead the dough into a large bowl, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Cover bowl and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until it is approx. 21 inches long and
16 inches wide. It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Preheat oven to 400
6. For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened butter evenly over
the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
7. Working carefully from the top (21 inch side), roll the dough down to the bottom edge
8. Cut the rolled dough in 1 3/4 inch slices and place 6 at a time, evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking
pan. Let the rolls rise again until double in size (about 30 minutes). Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until light
brown on top. (I like them a little gooey so I keep them in no more than 10 minutes, no brown.)
9. While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
10.When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.
*Makes 12 rolls. These can be frozen after baking. Just put them in the microwave for 20 seconds to make the icing all melty.
ENJOY!
2 comments:
Thank you! I seriously have not stopped thinking about these rolls since you brought them to us. I hope they turn out as good when I make them!!!
Thanks Erin! I absolutely LOVE cinnamon rolls, they are my Favorite! Can't wait to try them, well can't wait for my husband to make them ... he's the cook, I'd mess them up :).
Post a Comment