Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tired

I am tired. The kind of tired that slowly creeps up on you until it is Friday afternoon and you realize it has been a week in the making. I am tired for all sorts of reasons. Here is one. I am doing our community's version of the biggest loser. I am on a team. We weigh in once a week. We meet with a personal trainer. I go to all sorts of classes. This is the part that I enjoy. Aside from the weigh ins. I like to exercise. I like to feel sore afterwards, to feel my muscles ache. What I do not like is the eating end of all of it. Squats, I can do. Learning to like protein bars and almonds and everything utterly tasteless I am  having a hard time with. And then I have all this guilt when a girl scout cookie accidentally sneaks its way into my day. Bah. How people stay skinny is beyond me. Maybe when I get there I will understand. Maybe it just feels so awesome to look that way that thin mints aren't even a temptation anymore. I'll let you know when I get there. Right now, it all makes me tired.

No comments: