Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Contentment

Yesterday the best thing happened. I stumbled upon it quite unexpectedly. I was standing in the kitchen trying to remember what I was suppose to be doing. Was I in the middle of changing the laundry? Or was it the dishwasher. Hmmm... So there I stood, unsure. Brooks lay sleeping in the other room. The older three were playing in the basement. I could hear their chatter, hear the birds outside, a dog barking. And this feeling just came over me. Pure contentment. Have you felt it before? It's a lovely thing. The kind of thing you want to feel when you aren't feeling it. And there it was. I stopped for a minute, overly aware of myself, fighting the urge to analyze. Why? How? That Freudian instinct always gets the better of me. Not in a good way. So instead I just went with it. Just felt it. Felt all the goodness in my life wash over me in one peaceful wave of contentment. It was awesome.

No comments: