Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Faith

Faith. It's one of those words. You know, the kind of word that makes you think about your life and all the important things that make it what it is. Especially the things you can't see, the intangibles. Like the way you love your children, the peace you feel during your favorite hymn, the sound of your mothers voice, the way the spirit burns inside you, the feeling of never being completely alone, that one scipture that is yours, the husband that loves you, always. Those are some of my intangibles. And they are all wrapped up in faith. My faith that the gospel is true, that there is a purpose to my life here, that Heavenly Father is aware of me, that he wants me to be happy. Sometimes I forget that. I get so wrapped up in myself that I forget. I forget to pray and read and think and be grateful and I become consumed with distractions. I'm good at distractions. And then things happen to remind you. And you get to choose. Such a blessing, that choice. And this time I chose to pray. A lot. That prayer gave me perspective, but it wasn't enough. I wanted answers, not just feelings. I wanted to know. I prayed some more. I prayed for myself and for the people I love that need more than I do. I really prayed. It worked. I received the clearest answer he could have given me. One of those answers that I will always remember because it was so clearly intended for me. Not what I had asked for, but entirely what I needed. I felt almost giddy. Maybe that is one of the components of faith that we fail to focus on, the pure elation that comes when a prayer is answered. When Heavenly Father tells us He loves us, in no uncertain terms. Giddiness, elation...joy. You pick your favorite, I'm happy basking in all three.

1 comment:

stacey said...

you are such a great writer. you say things so beautifully! i bet you want to correct my blog all the time!! love Ya!