Saturday, November 13, 2010

Disneyland







We went to Disneyland while the boys were off track.
Disneyland is my favorite place in all the world. mostly.
I do love Cannon Beach, Oregon too.
But with four little kiddos, Disneyland wins.
Walking into the park makes me giddy.
We always hit Pirates of the Carribean first.
It's kind of a tradition. And it's my favorite ride.
And then the Haunted Mansion.
This time it was decked out in all of it's Christmas-ey
Halloween splendor. The kids thought it was awesome.
They were right.
The first day we went to Jedi Training.
It was THE highlight of the trip.
ALL three of the kids were chosen.
It was kind of a miracle.
And I don't think I have ever laughed harder in all my life.
EVER.
Paige was so, so funny. I was crying.
The people in the crowd were crying.
She was hilarious. The Jedi Master was hilarious.
And it was all so funny and cute and then more funny
that I wanted to freeze the moment and keep her 3 forever.

We went back again 2 days later.
My mom and dad met us this time.
We went on everything again and again.
Then we went to the Blue Bayou for lunch.
Just the girls. And Brooks.
I decided then that it would be just fine for Paige to grow up.
At least a little bit.
At least enough to appreciate the awesomeness
of sitting right on the water, eating monte cristos and sipping
mint juleps at the Blue Bayou.
She did not appreciate it. She whined. A lot.
And then we met the boys again and went on more rides.
Until we were rided out.
So we headed over to California Adventure.
And somehow we were good to go again.
We went on the Tower of Terror for the first time ever.
I loved it. I screamed and screamed.
Owen did not make a sound.
Jeff refused to go.
But I loved it.
I loved the whole trip really.
Except the part where Paige tried to bite a chunk
out of her cousins cheek.
Good thing she's here to keep us all grounded in reality.

3 comments:

C. C. Fawson said...

Sigh. I think you are my only friend who loves Disneyland as much as I do.

Mikell said...

Lie. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland. I was almost sad that I was missing going with my family when I was in Italy. (Okay, almost. But still.) Definitely the happiest place on earth. I know it like the back of my hand. I wanna go! Thanks for igniting the spirit, Erin.

Chiara said...

Will you hate me if I say I've never taken my kids to Disneyland and I have no desire to?!?! (I HAVE sent them with my parents a few times....)

Lines....heat....tons of people...loud sounds....whining children...kidnappers....sorry, but that just says HEADACHE to me! ;)-