
It is almost Thanksgiving. Did you hear me squeal? In two short days I will be on a plane home. Home! This is the longest I have ever gone without going home. It has been nearly a year. There were plans to go of course. But I was pregnant and then the babe came and then Jeff's dad got sick and we were gone so much back and forth that time slipped by. And here we are, almost a year later. I can barely contain my excitement. And on top of it all we are FLYING!!!! Flying. We were planning on driving. And then my dad woke up in the middle of the night a few weeks ago with the feeling that we shouldn't drive. So he booked our tickets right then. I felt bad, a little guilty. 5 plane tickets are ridiculously expensive. But he would have none of it. So, here we are, flying to Oregon. And I have to say that I am not sorry that we will be missing that 13 hour car ride. And the kids are so excited to actually fly on a plane they can barely stand it. Especially Paige. She has woken up every morning this week convinced that it is Saturday. It is quite a disappointment every time I tell her it is not. But Saturday will come and we will fly home and my parents will be waiting with big smiles on their faces as my kids run into their arms. And that will make it all worth it. Home!
3 comments:
Horray horray! That 13 hour drive is quite simply the worst thing possible. I refuse to do it anymore. I'd rather walk and have it take me 6 months than to drive in a car with my children for that long and on that particular drive! :) Tell Oregon hello for me. Wish I could fit in your suitcase!
Yay for you and how fun for the kids to fly. Wish I could be home for Thanksgiving...
Oh I am so jealous! The last time I was in Oregon was when I was pregnant with my first (and she's now 7-1/2) for Amanda's wedding. I hope you have a fabulous time. Say hi to your parents for me!
Post a Comment