Saturday, October 22, 2011

My favorite Sunday

Look at these cute kids. I am so biased, I know this. But just looking at them makes my heart swell a little. The cuteness. And this Sunday was brimming over with it. Almost too much for me to take in all at once. It was our annual primary program, my absolute favorite Sunday of the year. Watching all those cute kids up there on stage, singing their guts out, saying their parts, showing off and being shy all at once. Loved it. It was Paige's first year. She was so fun to watch, my cheeks hurt from smiling. She was in the very front row which suited her just fine. Paige knew all the words, she had hand movements for all the songs, even the ones that didn't have hand movements. The girl was there to perform and she worked it like a pro. Love that little sassy pants. But we have two other kids up there so we had to divert our eyes every now and then from our girly. Owen belted out every song as loud as he could. You could pick out his voice from the back of the chapel. Every time we made eye contact he waved emphatically. Not a trace of self-consciousness in him. For an entire hour he was entirely in the moment. I loved watching him like that, loved waving back at him and seeing that big toothless smile light up his face. That sweet boy of mine. And then there is Jeffrey. He behaved perfectly. He stood and sang every song. Then he sat in his seat. Just sat. No goofiness, no pleading for attention, no poking the kid next to him. He just did exactly what he was suppose to do. It was wierd. Not that I expected him to be naughty, I just didn't expect him to be so grown up, to act so grown up. But he did. The whole time. It has been sneaking up on me, this grown up-ness. And I don't like it, not one bit. I miss the days where it was Jeffrey in the front row, acting like he had ants in his pants. But he didn't. He acted all grown up, took the whole thing seriously. I loved it and hated it all at once. And I sat there with all these emotions running through me, looking at my 3 babes. All in such different stages of life, all so perfect in each stage. It was one of those momma moments, the kind where you realize that you are so, so lucky to be who you are because of these people that belong to you. And that is why this is my favorite Sunday.

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Watching Paige in the program was one of my favorite parts!! I love her zest for life!